Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DBS update service- problems

(3 Posts)
bruffin Mon 07-Dec-15 21:07:45

DD is 18 and has had various DBS due to doing some respite care and working for playscheme. She is still at school and works weekends and in holidays.
She needed a new DBS for respite care and was told she needed to sign up to the update service. The DBS arrived back and she signed up and paid the fee. She has received an email

"Your subscription to the update service has failed.

Unfortunately we did not receive the application for a DBS check matching the details you provided within 28 days of you joining the update service.

If you have paid a subscription fee, a full refund will be sent to your account within the next 20 days.

To find out more about the update service please visit www.gov.uk/dbs, alternatively if you wish to discuss your subscription please contact Customer Services on 03000 200 190."

Going to ring them tomorrow, but have no idea what they are going on about. What application do they want? I helped her fill in the details and paid the fee and dont remember an application form
Unfortunately you need to sign up within 14 days (i think) of receiving the DBS so it is now too late to reapply for the update services.
Have signed in again but it just takes us to the payment page.

bruffin Mon 07-Dec-15 21:08:56

Sorry meant to say she will ring them tomorrow after school, but would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on what has gone wrong.

KittiC Wed 06-Jul-16 09:34:56

Dear Bruffin,
the same thing happened to me. I tried everything but finally I had to apply for a new dbs check again! I am really sad and disappointed, I may have to wait months, last time it took 4 months to have the certificate. They told me I did a mistake, I wrote a 3 and not an 8. The other time they told me different marks! What happened to you after? Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now