Talk

Advanced search

What to do after interview?

(5 Posts)
MarianneSolong Thu 03-Dec-15 10:08:58

I attended an interview on Monday and the person who was heading the panel said candidates would be contacted on Wednesday, after a panel meeting on Tuesday. (I privately thought the successful candidate might be contacted later on Tuesday, so then other people could be informed the day after.)

Both Tuesday and Wednesday have come and gone. I think the employer, a large organisation which gets public funds, wouldn't be the sort of place that just left people dangling in uncertainty.

I'm assuming now that I'm very unlikely to be their first choice. But if you were me, and still hadn't heard anything by this coming Monday, might you contact the HR people, for confirmation?

lljkk Thu 03-Dec-15 19:15:38

It's a bit of a loss no matter what you do! They may have offered it to someone else who is thinking it over. 2nd choice is fine by me so why make things awkward. I would prefer to leave it a few weeks.

SevenOfNineTrue Fri 04-Dec-15 02:19:03

I'd leave it. If you have not heard there are usually three reasons. The first is you were not the first choice of candidate but the company do not want to reject you in case the primary candidate refuses the role and they offer to one of the remaining candidates. Secondly, something has happened to delay the recruitment process e.g. illness. Thirdly they might be the type of company that never contact candidates afterwards unless they were successful.

Things do get delayed so there is hope.

MarianneSolong Fri 04-Dec-15 06:35:19

Thanks. That makes sense. (Of course, one would rather know....)

Shakey15000 Fri 04-Dec-15 21:01:58

I'm waiting with you smile

I had an email (on Tues) saying there'd be notifications "within the next 7-10 working days" so I assume that takes me up to between next Wed-Fri confused

They don't make things easy do they?? Good luck btw!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now