Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Not sure how anyone can help, just need advice I think...

(4 Posts)
PiperBeeley Mon 30-Nov-15 17:00:19

I'm a hairdresser, I work in a salon. Hairdressers can be bitchy I know, however an older semi-retired hairdresser screwed up with a client, badly, she put me right in the middle and eventually she blamed everything on me, I told her she was wrong (clearly she has never been told this before and she thinks everyone is scared of her!), she did NOT like this, but a few days later, in a very 'because I have to' said sorry, and she put me in a bad position etc, she's learnt from it, let's forget about it - I agreed! However... she has since (last 3 weeks now) made a point of talking to other stylists and ignoring me, she looks me up and down and mutters things to the other girls, if i walk into the staff room, she leaves and encourages the other girls (that I have been good friends with so far) to leave too! - It's getting too much! One of the other girls has, decided she doesn't like me too much now (as I suspect said older stylist is stirring trouble) and now there's becoming a real tension between us sad
I can't describe how stressed and anxious I feel... I'm a lone parent of four, my dad was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer - he doesn't have very long. My best friend is fighting breast cancer, and I'm helping her as much as I can. I'm getting so I dread going to work, I feel isolated and so self-conscious. I'm getting so I'm waking up alot in the night panicking about everything, my hands are shaking all the time! I feel sick today with it all...
I can't leave my job, I know how bad that would look, but they won't let up, and I know it's all down to this woman and her grudge. I'm trying to look after my parents most days - how am I supposed to manage all this?? Has anyone got ANY advice for me at all - I'm feeling totally lost... sad

HermioneWeasley Mon 30-Nov-15 17:02:18

Is there a manager at the salon?

How long have your worked there?

Are there other jobs you could go to?

PiperBeeley Mon 30-Nov-15 17:14:23

Yes, there's a manager/boss, it's unfortunate that this older stylist happens to be the boss' mother in law!! So doubtful she'll jump to my defence over her! I have been there almost a year... I'm getting so anxious and self-conscious now, that I'm seriously loosing confidence and making little mistakes - which these two women are fully exploiting... there doesn't seem like I can do anything about it...

Epilepsyhelp Mon 30-Nov-15 17:20:26

Oh gosh life is really too short, of course you can leave. Find another job ASAP and ditch this one, what a horrible situation for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: