Talk

Advanced search

I've come to the conclusion I am incredibly dim! Can you help me feel less stupid?

(5 Posts)
Tinklebinkle Tue 17-Nov-15 13:53:58

Hi all, I'm in the process of taking voluntary severance at work. I'm still in the consultation stage but my final meeting to sign the papers is 3 weeks away. In the meantime, I have been job hunting with the civil service and have been invited to complete their online testing. Now, as I am fully aware how dim I can be, I googled a few practice tests and gave them a go. I have now confirmed I am incredibly thick. I used to think I was fairly bright, but noooo, thick as you like. What can I do to help myself? I was always rubbish at maths but I didn't realise quite how bad! If I can't get past the online tests, I've got no chance of another job. Do all employees use these tests? It's been 20 years since I was job hunting, so how can I improve my odds? Hoping someone out there has some ideas. blush

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 17-Nov-15 13:56:18

Practise! They're usually the sort of questions that appear in different ways, like IQ tests. Once you've got the hang of them again you'll be fine.

Tinklebinkle Tue 17-Nov-15 14:03:52

Cheers Tiger, I've been doing them all day yesterday and today, I think I will have to just slog through. confused

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 17-Nov-15 14:15:08

cake brew

MrsLogicFromViz Wed 18-Nov-15 12:13:42

Yes, they're really difficult. I had to re-apply for my middle management job a few years back and I excellelled at the English and flunked the maths! Do be aware that the CS is laying people off left, right and centre though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now