Talk

Advanced search

Flexible working request help

(1 Post)
TrashPanda Tue 17-Nov-15 13:15:58

I am due to return to work after Christmas following maternity leave. I took more than 6 months but not the full 12. I work 28 hours a week in a customer service role for a large organisation.

While I have been off the organisation has had a huge restructure and my department has also been changed around. I am going back to a slightly different role with a new manager who started after I left. My old manager still works within the department but will be on a different team with very little work contact.

I would like to work 24 hours a week over 4 days and 8 hours every other Saturday when I go back and I have been asked to complete a flexible working request. I have never done one of these before, even though my working hours changed 3 or 4 times previously, and I have no idea where to start really.

From my perspective working a Saturday will really help with childcare logistics/cost but I know that cannot be used as a main reason to request it. Before I left I know they were struggling to get cover on a Saturday, but obviously I don't really know now because of all the changes.

If anyone made it to the end of that and has any advice I would be extremely grateful. Wasn't sure what info was important so happy to provide more if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now