Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moving up a pay grade when at the top of payscale in current grade.

(5 Posts)
Readytomakechanges Wed 28-Oct-15 17:07:58

I am a doctor at the top of my pay scale (due to being part time and having worked within my grade as an FY2 for three years) and am due to progress to the next level of training in April.

Looking at this www.nhsemployers.org/~/media/Employers/Documents/Pay%20and%20reward/Pay%20and%20Conditions%20Circular%20MD%2012015.pdf

The minimum pay for the next level of training is less than what I currently earn (FY2 on point 2 progressing to CT1).

I was wondering if, when I progess, I go the the bottom level of the next pay grade or whether the increments I've had in my current post due to length of service are carried forward to the next pay grade?

I know this is quite specific, but was hoping someone may know the answer.

Billypug Wed 28-Oct-15 17:29:05

I'm an OT. When we move up a scale you start on the pay you're at now then continue to go up. For your pay to decrease even though you're progressing wouldn't seem fair!

orlakielyimnot Wed 28-Oct-15 17:32:53

PP is right. New starters on a pay grade start at the bottom. If like you however you are going from one pay grade to another you will slide over to the new pay scale. It might mean you don't get an incremental rise in the first year though.

BumWad Wed 28-Oct-15 17:33:04

You will slide across and up one

Readytomakechanges Wed 28-Oct-15 17:55:54

Thank you for the replies.

I think they're doing away with our incremental rises anyway from next August so wasn't expecting any more.

So I'll possibly remain on the pay I'm on. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now