loader

Talk

Advanced search

Extending deadline

(4 Posts)
brokenhearted55a Tue 13-Oct-15 21:34:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

prh47bridge Wed 14-Oct-15 00:14:44

Not necessarily. They may feel that there aren't enough good applicants in the first round. If, for example, there is only one applicant who looks worth interviewing they may well want to see if they can attract more.

brokenhearted55a Wed 14-Oct-15 15:22:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Spickle Fri 23-Oct-15 07:46:04

I went for an interview this week after a recruitment agency contacted me, having seen my CV and thought a job they had on their books was suited to my experience. However, I didn't mention to either the recruitment agent or the interviewer that I had applied directly for the same job direct a couple of months ago, having seen it advertised on one of the online job sites and hadn't even had the decency of a response. So, I'm wondering whether the job has been vacant for ages and no-one had actually bothered to read my CV or someone was appointed and left very quickly after starting!

I think what I'm trying to say, is that don't lose hope - perhaps they haven't read all the applications properly or maybe they think that by extending the deadline, that they can have the pick of a bigger bunch of people. Perhaps if your application was submitted by a recruitment agency, that the company are thinking that there weren't enough applicants to warrant holding lots of interviews on the same day.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now