Talk

Advanced search

Advice on AL and ML

(2 Posts)
SchnitzelvonKrumm12 Wed 23-Sep-15 15:44:05

Will give as much detail about my situation - whilst trying not to expose myself!
I'm currently (problematically!) pregnant. High risk pregnancy and am suffering from agonising SPD/PGP.
I've been signed off as of 2 weeks ago (for a total of 4 weeks) - my company only offers ssp so it's been a struggle! I'm awaiting physio in a months time although every health professional I've spoken to has little knowledge, or experience in only negative outcomes! Work has asked what I intend to do as they are aware it is a long term condition and in no circumstances can they make adaptations/modifications to my role due to nature of the industry.
I questioned if I was able to use any AL before I began mat leave at, the earliest possible, 29 weeks (I'm currently 22 weeks). She said no as I hadn't accrued any yet due to holiday year starting in September. However, if I don't use AL I'll lose it as we can't carry holiday over. Is this correct? Relatively small company (40 staff) so no HR - just owner and manager's rusty knowledge.
Any advice will be gratefully received!

flowery Wed 23-Sep-15 19:23:52

You will accrue holiday throughout maternity leave, and they need to ensure you are given an opportunity to take it. Taking a chunk before maternity leave starts would seem the sensible way to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now