Talk

Advanced search

Copywriting career - advice

(2 Posts)
Moonface78 Sun 09-Aug-15 22:08:33

Hi,

I am an English Graduate with a Masters Degree in English Literature. I am interested in getting into copywriting, and wondered if any of you can share your experience of entry into this profession? I currently work for Social Services, finding foster placements for children who are in need of this kind of provision; however, this is a very stressful job and does not pay particularly well! I therefore would really like to return to my roots and begin using my brain creatively once again. I graduated six years ago and would now like to become a freelance copywriter. Does anyone have any advice as to how to go about this?

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tucktalking Sun 09-Aug-15 23:46:07

Post your profile on linkedin and get in touch with some successful copywriters.
You may like to try a course on copywriting from writers bureau to get the basics.
You can try Elance and see what other people have done so far.
Subscribe to some sites like copyblogger to get regular emails and some god advice. They have some courses and competitions and other stuff.
Read what advice Carol Tice offers. I think the site is Make a living writing.
Ramit Sethi offers courses and advice too.
Finally have your own website and place some examples on there.
Good luck and do let me know how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now