Talk

Advanced search

teaching assistant pay dates

(6 Posts)
hulmegirl Fri 07-Aug-15 12:31:13

Hello. I am due to start a job as a teaching assistant employed by the local authority. Stupid question but although I have worked for many years it was in the private sector. Will I have to work a month in hand and at what point in the month are teaching assistants usually paid (the beginning, the middle or the end)?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 07-Aug-15 12:34:44

I was always paid on the 28th in the schools I worked in but would imagine each LA varies. My first pay was received on the 28th of the month I started.

simpson Fri 07-Aug-15 12:38:39

I get paid on the 15th of every month.

I started at the beginning of a month and my first pay slip was the full amount as it is 2 weeks in advance iyswim (apart from the bastard tax office taking loads!)

DocHollywood Fri 07-Aug-15 12:43:20

It will vary from la to la and will depend on the tax month. Ours starts from the 1st. Don't forget that your salary will be divided into 12 monthly pay days so you might get less than you thought!

hulmegirl Fri 07-Aug-15 13:19:23

Thanks very much for the replies I was used to being paid at the end of the month in my previous job and did work a month in hand so I effectively worked for two months before being paid but as I was in that job for many years things have probably changed. That sounds good as hopefully the longest I will have to wait is a month. I went back to university so am really skint so the sooner the better really. Yes I am aware that my pro rata salary will be split into 12 calendar months so that won't be a surprise and I have worked out my budget accordingly. to be honest it's probably better as all my bills are paid calendar monthly. Roll on pay day! :-)

justjuanmorebeer Fri 07-Aug-15 15:11:40

My LA payday is the last but one working day of the month, every month.

Yes I had to work a month in hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now