Talk

Advanced search

Didn't get the job

(7 Posts)
Jellified Mon 03-Aug-15 11:53:01

At least I haven't heard anything (interview was on Friday). Feeling very despondent , I hate my current role and it's really getting me down. I know I should be grateful that I'm in work but, it's no consolation at the moment.
Have had several interviews over the last 2 years which I am usually runner up in. Feedback is nearly all positive but I'm just not getting the job hmm

Madlizzy Mon 03-Aug-15 11:54:14

It's only Monday. It ain't over til the fat lady sings, and I'm not singing. wink

Jellified Mon 03-Aug-15 12:13:23

Ahh bless you MadLizy.
Just wish they'd put me out of my misery one way or the other. It's stopping me concentrating on what I should be doing.
I am in preemptive sulk mode.

Madlizzy Mon 03-Aug-15 16:45:42

If it's any comfort, I'm in exactly the same position as you. I'm going to change direction now, although still not quite sure on which direction to take. smile

Skiptonlass Mon 03-Aug-15 20:14:36

I did loads of interviewing this year. Spent absolutely ages on it, picked out some really good people. You know what happened? My sodding boss overruled me. She's American and seems to prefer loud extrovert car salesmen types.

The job is scientific project management so it'll not blow your mind to be told that used car salesmen types aren't generally good at the job.

I then have to spend ages training people who impressed my boss but didn't impress me (I'd gone for the quietly competent types.) she then tells me off because these people aren't performing well.... Sigh...I've had to give them feedback and there's not much I can say other than, you were great, but we picked someone else.

Anyway, my point is that a lot of this hiring lark is political, or down to people's own prejudices. You're getting to the final stages which means you're qualified and able - it's going to happen for you if you keep going.

Jellified Tue 04-Aug-15 21:07:35

My hunch was confirmedhmm but I actually got some really constructive feedback which I can use. I am going to go on a few courses provided by my employer to improve my interview technique and boost confidence. That and have a plan with a focus on what I actually want to achieve. grin

Jellified Tue 04-Aug-15 21:11:07

That must be so frustrating Skiptonlass I think that it is less likely to happen in my sector as the selection process has been quite careful designed to mitigate this. Its not without fault though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now