Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

what's the name of the system that logs work documents and forms? British Standards?

(6 Posts)
meglet Tue 28-Jul-15 20:35:58

this is something I used to do years ago in a previous organisation but cannot for the life of me remember the proper name for it.

At head office we would control a master copy of forms and procedures. Each national site had to maintain a binder of all the most up to date forms, binning the old version when we sent them a new copy with amended details. Each form would be logged as (something like) 'Sales team, approved suppliers Jan 15 Form 123'. when that was updated they were all sent 'Sales team, Apr 15 Form 124'. Woe betide anyone who was still using Form 123 after that grin .

basically in my current role I see lots of forms updated and the old ones floating around for months causing lots of problems. It can all be done online now but we need to get some control over what paperwork is out there.

It's all very boring and I'm not sure I've explained myself very well. Thanks for anyone who knows what I'm wittering on about.

MrsRonBurgundy Tue 28-Jul-15 20:41:14

We call it document control. So each version has a control number and there is a central sheet with them all on so we can check if we're using most up to date. Is it something like that?

meglet Tue 28-Jul-15 20:58:00

thanks. that's it smile .

I only knew it as part of or British standards registration. had totally forgot what it was called.

purplemurple1 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:00:03

Part of iso 9001

DragonMamma Wed 29-Jul-15 09:24:22

I was also going to say ISO 9001

leadrightfoot Wed 29-Jul-15 22:47:08

Standard operating procedure bible

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: