Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday and job application

(6 Posts)
doistayordoigo Sun 26-Jul-15 11:37:52

Is there any point in applying for a job when the closing date is this Tuesday and we're going on holiday for two weeks the following Monday, as the interview window is almost certainly going to be while we're away?

LIZS Sun 26-Jul-15 11:40:45

If you specify your availability for interview it us up to them. How soon do they need to fill the role?

doistayordoigo Sun 26-Jul-15 11:50:47

No idea, but from previous experience of applying for other roles at the same organisation I'm anticipating that there will be a lot of applicants, therefore it would be very easy for them to eliminate me purely on the basis that I'm not available for interview I think. Assuming they even wanted to interview me that is.

EBearhug Sun 26-Jul-15 20:26:02

If you don't apply, you definitely won't get it. That's the only thing you can guarantee.

For all you know, interviews might be delayed because they have key people on holiday, as well.

doistayordoigo Sun 26-Jul-15 22:24:02

Good point eBearhug. I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Thanks smile

eurochick Sun 26-Jul-15 22:29:46

It depends on so many things you might as well give it a go. An interviewer could be on holiday too. It might also depend on how desperate they are and notice periods. In my firm, professional staff are usually on three months' notice. If hiring a replacement, I could usually wait a week or two as termination dates are often negotiated so there is a good chance the post wouldn't end up vacant. Support staff are usually on a month's notice so two weeks would be too long and there would be a good chance a team would be left with no support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now