Talk

Advanced search

Job dilemma

(2 Posts)
Greensleaves Fri 24-Jul-15 11:08:48

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster and I could really do with some opinions. My current job ends at the end of November and getting a bit spooked at having no work after that, have applied for jobs. I got offered one on Tuesday (job a), I also have two interviews next week, both of which I would prefer. I haven't received the contract for job a, its just a verbal offer, so I thought I could fudge it a bit before definitely confirming as I should know the outcome of the other two by the end of next week.

They've asked if I can come in for four days next week for a handover, although I won't officially start for a month. I'm not sure what to do, I did say that I could come in for the odd day during my notice period, and it would be good to go in for one day to quell any qualms. Without a contract, I haven't resigned from my current job and it feels a bit dishonest as I'm not technically in a notice period yet. I'm inclined to say I'm unsure about coming in until I have the contract. There always seems good advice on Mumsnet so thought I'd see what people think.

Melonfool Fri 24-Jul-15 19:24:49

You don't agree to anything without a proper contract/offer letter. No-one would think badly of you for that, plus they know you are employed elsewhere so you're not going to risk walking out of a job, albeit one that ends in Nov, for one with no guarantees.

Hopefully you can stall them until you've heard about the other job/s. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now