Talk

Advanced search

School Job share help

(1 Post)
Chocy18 Sat 18-Jul-15 08:36:05

Hi
I have been in a job share for the past academic year and have really enjoyed it. My job partner has been great however from Septmber I am moving to another class to share with someone else. This person usually covers Planning time in our school. They will share with me until October half term when another member of staff returns from maternity leave. I will then job share with them.

This week I was looking at classroom layout and backing boards etc. I did make decisions about where things could go and colours for boards. My job share seemed fine with this at the time. She had also previously asked for cutting out to do so I printed off some things that could be cut out.

However, when I went in the following day she explained to me that she had been thinking and that I hadn't involved her in the decision making and it was all about what I wanted. I apologised and said I hadn't meant it to be like that. I asked her to discuss it with me so we could sort it out, to which she didn't seem keen and we went our separate ways. She was also going to help me in the holidays with the classroom and has withdrew this offer.

I really don't know what to do next as we to job share for 7 weeks and need to communicate effectively. I'm not an unreasonable person. It's such a shame as I've had a great year this year in a job share. Job shares can be good but they involve team work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now