Talk

Advanced search

Zero hours maternity pay

(3 Posts)
debzmumof2 Fri 10-Jul-15 17:45:46

Hello all, I'm new here but have seen a thread about a similar subject, but I have slightly different circumstances.
The company that I worked for got taken over the beginning of last year, I always Knew they were going to move it 150 miles away this has been no secret.
I found out the other day that they are going to start moving the company down in September (I think this will only take a few weeks, but not 100% sure).
On average I earn around £450 a month. does anyone know if I will have to try to get JSA then would I be entitled to Maternity allowance as I don't start my maternity until November.
Any advice would be great.
Thanks smile
P.S Is MA a set amount?

LIZS Fri 10-Jul-15 17:54:05

Will you definitely lose your job in September or is the move phased? Depending on your edd you may still be entitled to Smp as this is based on actual weekly earnings between 18 and 24 weeks approx. so being on 0 hours may not be relevant.

debzmumof2 Fri 10-Jul-15 18:40:01

Thanks for getting back to me.
I can't give you a exact date when the closure is for our factory so maybe I was jumping the gun putting this post up, but I didn't know that it was worked out between 18 and 24 weeks so well worth the post, I'm 12 weeks now so fingers crossed that they are slow movers lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now