Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

working tax credit check

(3 Posts)
Farhana12 Thu 09-Jul-15 09:11:47

hi new to this..I have been self employed for 2yrs now and on June 5th received a letter saying that they may have been paying me too much.I earned around £5000 its low but steadily improving.Ive sent everything off to prove my income but its nearly 5wks on.Rax credits still being paid and even up by £3 this week..Am I earning enough? Has any one else been checked?I make dolls x

RolyPolierThanThou Thu 09-Jul-15 09:23:11

I can't speak for your circumstances bu it can take up to 8 weeks for the letter confirming your credits calculations and payment schedule to arrive. (Mine took 6).

If you're worried, ring the tax.credits helpline. They will be able to tell you when or if a letter has been sent to you. They may even be able to give you the new calculated figurr over the phone.

Though I suspect the helpline will be extremely busy at the moment bevause of yesterday's budget announcement. So expect long hold times.

lauren132 Thu 09-Jul-15 09:29:11

hi thanks for your reply.I have rung them three times now so will just have to wait..Its just so stressful..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now