Talk

Advanced search

What to do?

(3 Posts)
salbobalbo Tue 07-Jul-15 11:29:33

I'm looking for a little bit of advice.

I have been in my job for 18 months, and am unhappy here. The pay isn't amazing, on a daily basis I have very little work to do and feel under appreciated. In the next few weeks I am going to be asked to sign a training contract, effectively binding me to this job for the next 3 years.

I am very tempted to hand in my notice and sign up with some temp agencies while I work out what to do with my life. Does this seem like a good step to take?

JeanSeberg Tue 07-Jul-15 15:08:40

Depends on a variety of factors - what's your financial situation like (savings in case the temping work dries up), do you have a family to support etc etc.

NiceBitOfCheese Tue 07-Jul-15 22:30:48

Is the training going to add useful skills to your CV? Will it lead to new opportunities in the organisation?

Have you approached any temps agencies to see what the demand is for your skills and what the going rate is?

(You asked for advice and I've just landed a load of questions on you ... but I hope they help!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now