Talk

Advanced search

work tomorrow

(17 Posts)
Fluffybear86 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:39:10

So its almost midnight and im crying about work tomorrow with my fiancee sleeping next to mesad

brokenhearted55a Sun 28-Jun-15 23:41:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fluffybear86 Sun 28-Jun-15 23:44:53

Ive been here alot. Cant cope with job came back to work a month ago after six weeks off and feeling hopeless and trapped again

CountryLovingGirl Mon 29-Jun-15 09:40:56

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering.

Have the band 6's been drafted in yet to help you out? Are occupational health helping?

Fluffybear86 Mon 29-Jun-15 09:59:11

she is starting this week but due to her leaving the band 6 staff short we have been asked to pivk both band 6 and band 8a work up now. I have spoken to the union but they dont care. I am going to see occupational health today. I am so unbelievably close to handing my notice in but i cant cope without a wage and standing in the dole queue isnt really what i want

Fluffybear86 Mon 29-Jun-15 11:29:55

Im sitting here thinking what the hell! I have just sold a house so have 7 grand in the bank and my fiance works earning around �2300 a month. Only issues is he cannot get a mortgage because his lovely ex did not pay the mortgage after he moved out so put them in bad credit hence everything is in my name. Do i just hand notice in? 8 weeks to find another job? even if i dont in 8 weeks if i at least have an offer of a job to go to?

CountryLovingGirl Mon 29-Jun-15 20:54:56

I would hand my notice in if I were you. You sound like you are not coping at all. Have you looked into retraining (especially before September)? Is there anything you get with a bursary and, perhaps, a part time job to boost finances?
Or, you could look for another job in a related field?

Fluffybear86 Mon 29-Jun-15 22:07:22

Hi I'm getting married in September and plan is baby straight away lol. I have applied for more nursing jobs and also been talking to a friend who sells perfume and health products on the side. After kids etc I might look at part time training to be a speech and language therapy x

Fluffybear86 Tue 30-Jun-15 12:48:43

I have written a letter of resignation and will hand it in on Monday if i still feel the same which i imagine i will. have apllied for jobs on NHS site and will keep trying. Never been out of work before ever and so scared that will happen but i cant live like this :-(

CountryLovingGirl Tue 30-Jun-15 19:26:19

Maternity package is good with the NHS. Could you manage a bit longer and then re-train? Some MSc courses are paid by the NHS (diagnostic radiography/radiotherapy, not sure about speech therapy).

Fluffybear86 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:54:55

I'm trying to stay and am going to give it the weekend think. Should I stay unhappy for a hypothetical situation ? Ie pregnancy it may not happen! I had a meeting today where my whole job has been changed again! I
On the plus side I've applied for four jobs so hopefully something will come from them x

CountryLovingGirl Tue 30-Jun-15 21:27:15

Do they know you are applying for other jobs?

Fluffybear86 Tue 30-Jun-15 21:41:15

No country loving girl. I can't tell them or cry in front of my manager again I've made a right mess of this job and I can't make it worse for myself x

CountryLovingGirl Wed 01-Jul-15 20:36:41

It really is bad working in the NHS at the moment. I have 20 years service and have never seen it so bad as what it is now, and has been for the last few years. You are not alone. I know many others who are suffering too.
I hope you get something else soon, even if it is outside of the NHS. You have to start looking after no.1

Are you full time btw?

Fluffybear86 Thu 02-Jul-15 08:02:32

I am full time in this role cutting hours isnt an option! Ive applied for five jobs and agencies so hoping something comes up x

SantiagoSky Thu 02-Jul-15 20:19:50

What about trying to fall pregnant right now?

Fluffybear86 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:38:44

Lol sky I'm getting married in September so don't really want to be pregnant before then x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now