Talk

Advanced search

Go to union?

(4 Posts)
Fluffybear86 Sun 21-Jun-15 11:06:51

Hello all hope you're well. I work as a band 7 nurse and was recently off for six weeks with stress due to not actually having a clue what I'm doing in my role! On Friday my manager informed that one of the band 6's is to be upgraded to a 7 to help me, great. However my manager then went on to say that both of the 7's would be expected to take elements of the band 6 and 8 role on as they've left the 6's short! Am I right in thinking this defeats the object of having another 7 to help? I'm really upset by this as I'm doing things completely not in my job description and the band 6's won't do anything that's not in there's! I have phoned the union and awaiting a call back. AIBU?

HRAdvisor Wed 24-Jun-15 23:50:09

Raise a grievance. Try to resolve it informally at first, but if that doesn't work, make it formal.

Fluffybear86 Thu 25-Jun-15 09:39:07

Hi thanks for this. I spoke to union who told me i am expected to do a band 6 and 8a job on top of my own as a band 7. I am so close to handing my notice in and leaving nursing tbh just had enough

FabULouse Thu 25-Jun-15 18:16:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now