Advanced search

Please Help-Have no idea what to do

(4 Posts)
Inneedofadvice553 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:35:50

I have been employed by a man with mental issues for the last 2 years. I am self employed. For no reason he wants to terminate my contract. His family are furious. I am a single parent with a small child and desparetely need the money to pay my rent and bills. Housing benefit will not cover completely my rent if I am unemployed.
I am terrified I am going to lose my house and my childs school place.
I have done nothing wrong and have worked hard for up to seven days a week on call all the time. His family have said he should give me severance pay for the way he is treating me but as of yet nothing is agreed.
My child's father pays nothing despite working full time and CSA have trouble re couping money from him because he is self employed
I am so upset I don't know what to do. I work so hard and I feel I am about to lose everything. i have no help with childcare and I feel completely worn down with the pressure of trying to keep my house. I don't know what to do, I feel really sick, this was such a shock. I will lose my house by the end of the summer and will have to leave my city . I have worked so hard. Does anyone have any advice? I have been frantically applying for more work

Inneedofadvice553 Wed 10-Jun-15 18:34:10


Hoppinggreen Wed 10-Jun-15 19:25:06

If you are self employed then do you have a contract and if so what does it say?
You do have certain rights after 2 years of employment and although you say you are self employed you may be able to argue you are employed and therefore have these rights
Unfortunately though I'm not sure how you would pursue this against this individual, maybe CAB could help?

AgentProvocateur Wed 10-Jun-15 19:45:50

It doesn't seem like you are self employed in HMRC's view if you're only working for one person, so you might want to check that out first. That could be your biggest problem. However, as a SE person, you're not entitled to redundancy or anything. Is your "employer" using direct payments to pay you? I think you really need legal advice, perhaps from the CAB. I'm sorry you're in this situation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: