Talk

Advanced search

Any laws in UK against taking benefits away from employees

(3 Posts)
Millionairerow Fri 05-Jun-15 18:43:02

Posted before but not many replies.i manage staff at work and there's been career mapping. It affects all my staff and their job titles have changed and seem to have gone down a notch eg my managers are now non managers. They'll get to keep benefits for a certain while and then they'll be got rid of. Staff are worried their salaries will go down too after this period. It means most of my staff will lose car allowances and have sifnificant reductions in bonus eg from 15-18% if meet targets to 5%. It's affecting most of the dept - do they do this to stop them having to pay redundancies as most of my staff are talking of leaving. My car allowance is in my contract. Surely they can't take something away that has been included like that? My staff rely on the extra revenue for mortgages etc. I'm annoyed for them but not sure if my hands are tied?

LIZS Fri 05-Jun-15 18:51:44

With notice benefits can usually be changed. Most companies would freeze pay until the new pay scale caught up.

Lunastarfish Fri 05-Jun-15 19:27:30

It depends on the wording of each person's contract. I'd suggest you see a solicitor/CAB/trade union for detailed advice as it'll be impossible to answer without viewing the employment contract.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now