Talk

Advanced search

can they do this?

(3 Posts)
m0therofdragons Wed 03-Jun-15 21:13:29

Today I was asked if I'd like more hours and more of a role I enjoy as there's so much work in the dept. I said I'd speak to dh as we'd need to sort childcare but potentially yes I'd really like to and I do think the role I do now and the new one could work well together. When I said that my boss changed slightly and opened up that my current role will be likely to move to a new team but he'd like me to stay and take on the other work for all my hours.
So far sounds great. it's my ideal job and an area I hoped I'd go into in the future.
Then he said x will be leaving the dept so basically it's her job we want you to do.
Me: "oh I hadn't realised x was looking to leave"
boss: "erm well errr, yes well we hope x will stay in the company but we feel x's skills would fit better in a different dept."
so now it sounds like x is being shunted over and I'm getting the job.
Can they do this? (I always thought x was fairly good at their job).

It's awkward as I'm delighted but uncomfortable at the same time. X is lovely and been there 10 years when I've only been there a year.

flowery Thu 04-Jun-15 09:55:42

No idea without knowing what her contract says and how different the job is. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If this happens and she isn't happy, I'm sure she'll raise it with the relevant people.

m0therofdragons Thu 04-Jun-15 13:53:48

I just feel guilty and wouldn't want her to think I've been snide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now