Does this constitute 'serious breach of trust and confidence'

(4 Posts)
Snowballschanceinhell Tue 05-May-15 21:05:36

I commented here the other day regards possibly being dismissed for gross misconduct. The investigation is still rumbling on and am waiting for a date for my meeting.

I've been doing some research and I think, if they DO go for the GM tactic, it will be for 'serious breach of trust and confidence'

Is not agreeing with your boss and venting about his behaviour to a colleague a fair and just example of this?

MrsNextDoor Tue 05-May-15 22:21:28

I've just looked at your previous thread...here and there's not an awful lot of information to go on.

From what you say here, an awful lot depends on what industry you work in and what your boss said to you...which you then shared...was the information sensitive?

flowery Wed 06-May-15 08:13:49

Impossible to say without more information. Of course everyone doesn't agree with their boss all the time, and most of us have had a little whinge to a colleague in those circumstances.

But it must be more than that for you to think gross misconduct is a possibility, so either it's about what "venting" actually looked like, and what the circumstances were.

addictedtosugar Wed 06-May-15 08:31:57

Be careful what you write on a public forum, or you might get putting company info in the public domain as well.

Hope you get some info from work soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now