Talk

Advanced search

working tax credits - questions about the p600 form

(5 Posts)
unclebumpkin Sun 15-Feb-15 20:10:51

are you supposed to just list number of paid hours you work? what about unpaid lunchbreaks? also are there and relative merits to being paid your credits weekly or monthly?

thank you

Rockchick1984 Sun 15-Feb-15 21:33:52

Your hours are the ones you actually work so an unpaid lunch break wouldn't be considered a working hour.

Choose the weekly or 4 weekly option based on what suits your financial circumstances the best, you get the same amount over the year.

unclebumpkin Mon 16-Feb-15 11:50:14

>Choose the weekly or 4 weekly option based on what suits your financial circumstances the best, you get the same amount over the year.

I'm curious as to why there is this option... is it just for people who are bad at holding on to their purse strings?

Rockchick1984 Mon 16-Feb-15 14:52:38

Different strokes for different folks - I debated getting my tax credits weekly as DH salary pays all household bills and is monthly so weekly tax credits would have meant that I didn't have to make money last as long, however I decided to get it 4 weekly. I "pay" myself with it each month on the same day so once a year I get a month where I receive 2 payments. It's just the same as some employers paying weekly / fortnightly / monthly smile

unclebumpkin Mon 16-Feb-15 22:55:50

so there is no advantage to one option over the another?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: