Talk

Advanced search

Finished my job late friday night - do I have to sign on today or can it wait til sunday...

(7 Posts)
unclebumpkin Sat 17-Jan-15 13:22:50

Finished my job late friday night - do I have to sign on today or can it wait til sunday... I know it's all electronic/online now. Or will this cause problems? I believe there is supposed to be some kind of 7 day delay now anyway? Plus I may be over the threshold to get JSA anyway just now...

MishMooshAndMogwai Sat 17-Jan-15 13:27:25

I don't suppose it matters, they won't look at the weekend anyway. It'll take a while to get too as well I should think, like you said so try and get it in as early as you can smile

unclebumpkin Sat 17-Jan-15 13:35:47

so do weekends not count then - its just working/business days

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Sat 17-Jan-15 13:50:11

You don't get paid for first 3 days anyway so Sunday be fine.

unclebumpkin Sat 17-Jan-15 14:20:39

is it from the first 3 days of registering or the job finishing? do you know this for certain? i may not be able to claim anyway... just get ni payments.

thankyou

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Sat 17-Jan-15 18:32:49

From Dwp website: You won’t get any money for the first 7 days of your claim. These are called ‘waiting days’. In some cases, waiting days may not apply, for example, if you have already completed waiting days as part of an earlier benefit claim.

joanne1947 Sat 17-Jan-15 18:43:09

You have nothing to lose by applying today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: