Talk

Advanced search

Holiday question

(3 Posts)
welshlady2014 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:16:13

I work 32 hours per week over 4 days, I have 22 days holiday a year and I am expected to work bank holidays. This financial year I have worked 4 bank holidays and had 4 off. I was paid to work the bank holiday but was wondering am I entitled to have lieu time back for the bank holidays aswell?
Just thought I might be as I think I might be under the legal requirement for holidays but could be completely wrong.

welshlady2014 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:38:22

Sorry should have put it into hours I get 140.8 holiday and 51.2 bank holiday. So when I have week off 32 hours is deducted and whether I work a bank holiday or not 8 hours is deducted.

MinceSpy Tue 13-Jan-15 21:39:32

If you contract says you work 4 days per week you are entitled to 22.4 days holiday per year, this can include bank holidays.

Work it out in hours and it is 179 hrs 12 mins but again that can include bank holidays.

So you have to work bank holidays but then get 22.4 days off at other times. Which is sort of lieu days for the bank holidays.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: