Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your skills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Tax free childcare scheme

(1 Post)
FantasticMrsFoxx Tue 13-Jan-15 16:36:03

It's a bit of a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows exactly when the new Government tax free childcare scheme is going to start, and therefore the last date I can apply for my employers salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme?
I've just started maternity leave and am due back at work in October, but using accrued leave, back in my office in November.
Both mine and OH's workplaces offer the existing scheme, and he'll sign up as soon as baby arrives (first time parents).
I know I can't apply until I'm earning a salary again, but think I'm going to be caught in the 'limbo' between the old scheme and the new.
To be fair, the employer scheme and the new Govt scheme work out approx 50:50 in terms of offsetting our expected nursery costs, but the employer scheme runs to age 16, rather than 12. I'm just wondering if I need to psyche myself up to go back to work earlier than planned.
Thanks in advance for any insight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now