Talk

Advanced search

wage issues

(10 Posts)
Gemziewooo Thu 08-Jan-15 11:51:49

Hi my employer owes me 7 weeks worth of pay. She's not bothered about bein threatened with ACAS, she's unbelievable, however, she is having an affair with someone. If I say to her, I'm goin to tell the man's wife unless I'm paid can't I get wrong for this

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 08-Jan-15 12:48:31

Personally I would send a prior to action letter ( templates can be found on the net) stating that if payment is not made within so many days you will take her the small claims court.
She may want the man's wife to find out, as a business owner she is unlikely to want a CCJ against the business.

GlitteryLipgloss Thu 08-Jan-15 14:47:07

If she isn't bothered about not paying someone and having an affair with someone else's husband, she seems like the type of person who wouldn't be bothered about being taken to court. She sounds like a scumbag!

What does she say when you ask about your wages? Could there be a problem with transferring the money (bacs) or do you get paid cash/cheque.

Gemziewooo Thu 08-Jan-15 16:21:01

She always has an excuse, iv asked for bank transfer she'l say her bank account shut down! She's not bothered about courts, she never turns up lol. Apparently she's loaded, her kids go to a private skool that costs £22000 a year, she spends £100's in hairdressers each month however she receives full housing benefit? How does that work? She doesn't even register the staff with HMRC xx

GlitteryLipgloss Thu 08-Jan-15 17:17:28

Her bank account shut down...does she have the cash then? could her lover lend it to her to pass to you ;)

She could also be in huge debts. if she doesn't pay you, she probably doesn't pay much else!

I would just say that you have financial commitments and you need to be paid - and on time, and you expect it to be in your account by tomorrow or you wont be back Monday and will be visiting CAB for further advice.

I would have to have it out with her - you cant carry on not being paid. How did you get this job - through an agency?

CurlyWurlyCake Thu 08-Jan-15 18:03:18

What does it say in your contract, do you have one?

Nolim Thu 08-Jan-15 18:36:57

It seems that common sense is not going to work with her. I suggest to explore legal options, engaging a solicitor if necessary. Look at it as an investment to minimize losses, nor as an expense.

Lunastarfish Fri 09-Jan-15 15:03:07

Make an appointment with a solicitor/CAB regarding a wages & the prospects of a constructive dismissal claim.

manofsouls Sat 10-Jan-15 14:11:48

Hi. Iv been working as a cleaner for the last 2half years. I don't work on bank holidays. But since the day I started iv always been paid double time for holidays. There is no contract stating they will and there was no verbal words that they would. Im with the same company but they got a new person doing the wages. He has changed my wage from double time to normal can he do this

ClaireZest Tue 13-Jan-15 14:37:59

Hi Gemziewooo

Sorry you're having a rough time with your employer.
Definitely seek legal advice but also, you could report her a for tax evasion too:
https://www.gov.uk/report-an-unregistered-trader-or-business

You and your colleagues could be losing out on other things as well as your wages (mainly National Insurance contributions / credits) which could effect future benefits and pensions. :-(

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: