Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unfulfilled at work...

(4 Posts)
smornintime Wed 07-Jan-15 22:08:57

On and off for a while now I have been feeling low about my job. I feel like I shouldn't complain: decent people, decent money, enough flexibility to manage family emergencies...but it's BORING.
Same stuff day in day out. Put loads of effort into a project for it to go nowhere. Try to push for things to get done properly only for the higher ups to shortcut or overrule me and my colleagues. No clear path of progression.
Morale is low at work because there is restructuring afoot - and I am lucky enough to have survived a load of redundancies, so I AM grateful to still be there...but I just don't get anything out of it.
I don't know what to do. I have been there a long time and I guess I don't really know where to start if I were to look for a new job. How do I figure out what to do? I think I need some kind of pep talk!

smornintime Wed 07-Jan-15 22:19:47

Also I only work part-time at the moment, which makes me think that it will be harder to go somewhere new and get the same deal I have now. Any thoughts on that?

Rockchick1984 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:43:42

I think almost all working parents (more usually the mum) have to compromise somewhere with career / family responsibilities. If you were working full time in a less flexible role, would your DH/DP be able to compensate for this change or could you pay for childminder etc?

I think its a case of choosing what is more important to you, it's virtually impossible to walk into a job that is challenging, stimulating, part time and flexible hours!

smornintime Thu 08-Jan-15 20:37:57

See, that's what I thought! I guess I just have to try to find some enthusiasm for the job I've got, right? It's proving to be hard at the moment though. Probably not helped by just having had a lovely holiday period I suppose.
It keeps happening though - I try to focus more and apply myself and it works for a little while, but then I find myself thinking again that it's just not very interesting. I feel like I'm going to get to the end of my career and not have much to show for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now