Talk

Advanced search

Old job havnt payed me. Do I just call them?

(7 Posts)
Olivexo Wed 07-Jan-15 10:57:21

So my old job havnt payed me my last month I'm due. I waited over Xmas and new year because of all the bank hols but no money gone into my bank.
I didn't exactly leave on bad terms but I gave no notice. I was only with them about 6 months and never had a contract. I never got given one to sign anyway.

Do I just call them and say I've not been payed? Not sure how to go about it.

maleenteringfemalefacilities Wed 07-Jan-15 11:03:29

Are you sure you are owed money? If you left with no notice, you might have been paid up to the time you worked? Check your last payslip and see what work period it covers.

Unexpected Wed 07-Jan-15 11:21:45

What were you expecting to be paid for? Up to what date had you been paid and when did you leave the job? If you gave no notice whatsoever you may already have been paid everything you are due.

Millerpup Wed 07-Jan-15 17:53:23

You must be paid for actual hours you worked.
If you haven't been then you need to phone them with the actual dates and hours you feel they owe.
You gave no notice so you should only be owed for hours physically worked, and any holiday entitlement due.

flowery Wed 07-Jan-15 17:58:14

I would phone first and then also follow up in writing, setting out exactly what you think you are owed and why.

18yearstooold Wed 07-Jan-15 17:58:34

You may have gone over your holiday entitlement in which case they are allowed to recoup that money

You should have a final wage slip and p45 though -do you have them?

LIZS Wed 07-Jan-15 18:10:54

Were you paid not in arrears or could you have received wages to end of December for example already , which would include pilon if due. For example I get paid mid month to include to the end of the month, so 2 weeks ahead. Did you have holiday owing or did you take it all. When was pay date ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now