Talk

Advanced search

is this wrong

(14 Posts)
Gemziewooo Tue 06-Jan-15 21:31:41

A company I work for has open a new premises and I have just found paperwork for this premises with my name as company director, home address etc. Would I have not had to sign a contract or something to do this, they have used my details without me knowing, becoming a company director surely I would of had to sign legal documents etc. What do you guys think? The company is a private limited company

ethelb Tue 06-Jan-15 21:33:32

Yes it is fraud. Call companies house.

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:38:26

Yes - that sounds very wrong. You can start by looking at https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company for information about the company. Being a company director is a very significant responsibility and it looks very odd that they would be passing you off as a director without your knowledge.

Gemziewooo Tue 06-Jan-15 21:41:09

Would I have to sign contracts or anything, if so someone has obviously signed for me

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:54:23

You definitely would have had to sign a form to be made a director.

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:55:56

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/appoint-a-director-ap01

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:58:43

It appears that you can pay £4 a month plus £1 per item to see filings at Companies House. So if your initial search shows you as a registered director (free search) you can then go on to pay and see the forms for your 'appointment'.

Gemziewooo Tue 06-Jan-15 21:58:57

Would I have to sign this to become a director, they couldn't just put me down as one. I need to make this clear as tomorrow I need to sort this

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:05:17

You'd need to sign it if they have actually registered you as a company director, as opposed to just trying to pass you off as one. Obviously neither is actually acceptable.

MegMogandOwlToo Tue 06-Jan-15 22:05:22

No you wouldn't have to sign a form to be appointed, as it can be done online. They should have provided two of a selection of your details eg: eye colour, mothers maiden name etc, but companies house don't verify this., so it could have been made up information.

You can register with companies house and purchase a copy of the appointment form (AP01), it's £1 and you can see whether it was done electronically with false information, or hard copy with forged signature.

However, you may not have actually been formally appointed - you will find this out via companies house.

Gemziewooo Tue 06-Jan-15 22:21:57

They never appointed me theyv put me down whilst setting up the business if you know what I mean

Bowchickawowow Tue 06-Jan-15 22:34:34

I am a director of a trading company for the charity I work for. The initial part was online, however I did have to physically sign a document to finalise it.

FunkyBoldRibena Tue 06-Jan-15 22:36:34

You can see on the companies house appointment of directors for free.

Pico2 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:38:56

So are you down as a director in Companies House, or just on the lease?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now