Talk

Advanced search

Leavers questionnaire

(9 Posts)
MegCleary Fri 02-Jan-15 09:52:44

Have recently resigned my NHS job due to poor management above me lack of support and crazy staff below me I could not manage.

Should I bother putting the whole mess down or just tick some boxes and walk away.

I may need a job back there in the future. But the hell I had caused me to leave a job in general I loved.

iamthenewgirl Fri 02-Jan-15 10:46:32

If you may need to go back then just tick some boxes.

Staff who tell the truth are often viewed as hysterical for having an opinion. Smiling through gritted teeth is the only way IMO.

MegCleary Fri 02-Jan-15 11:03:15

Thanks you may be right. The woman who was the main instigator of my lack of support has left.

Millerpup Fri 02-Jan-15 22:11:22

Totally agree with Iamthenewgirl exit questionnaires are a "tick in the box" process, you have made the decision to leave grit your teeth and go.

EBearhug Sat 03-Jan-15 02:04:25

When I left my last job, I gave them 3 sides of A4 about why I was leaving (I'm not known for being concise.) Since I've left, some of the things I commented on have improved. Whether this was because of me, I don't know. But at least I had my say.

PiratePanda Sat 03-Jan-15 19:45:40

Tell the truth but calmly and without blame. It's really important.

Matildahaspowers Sat 03-Jan-15 21:14:44

I would tell them why you are leaving. This kind of thing happens all the time in the NHS and needs to be sorted.

oneowlgirl Sat 03-Jan-15 21:19:40

I would say to tell the truth also - it's the only way things might get better & if you do it without blame, then it can't be held against you.

MegCleary Sun 04-Jan-15 15:01:50

I can try and lay out facts without emotion may be hard, I think it may just be regarded as whinging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now