Talk

Advanced search

are there any employment lawyers available to help please

(5 Posts)
mib123 Sun 21-Dec-14 20:14:01

I've just found out I'm pregnant, I've been working in a care home for 7 months, my probationary period was supposed to finish last month but I've heard nothing about it yet. I'm really worried about telling my manager as she is giving another pregnant staff member a hard time at the moment. I'm scared she will try to find a way to sack me, even though all the feedback I've gotten since I started has been great, written and verbal. I'm just wondering where I stand as she can be quite intimidating, and I want to know all my rights before I tell her. Thankyou

HermioneWeasley Sun 21-Dec-14 20:17:45

You have the right not to be treated less favourably because you are pregnant; however it can be hard to prove.

I would hold off from telling them until your probationary period is confirmed

YonicSleighdriver Sun 21-Dec-14 20:21:07

Congratulations!

I am not an employment lawyer but have had dealings with them,

Do you feel you need an immediate risk assessment? It is up to you when you tell her provided you have done so by the 25th week of pregnancy.

What does your contract say about your probationary period? Do you need a formal review to pass it?

Gumnast2014 Sun 21-Dec-14 20:24:37

You are pregnant you have rights

mib123 Sun 21-Dec-14 20:37:51

Thankyou, my review was due last month, I'm going to ask about it tomorrow. I'm the activities co ordinator, Its not a strenuous job so I can definitely wait to tell them. If I pass my probationary period will it make my job a bit safer when I tell them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now