Talk

Advanced search

equal pay?

(3 Posts)
er1507 Sat 13-Dec-14 11:10:14

Hi I have worked for current employer for nearly 10yrs. When I was due to return back to work from maternity leave 3yrs ago I was asked by employer to move to a new salon he was opening up. He was going into partnership with one of my collegues and a few others were moving over to the new salon too. I agreed. 6 months ago they decided to change the way commision was paid to us and it does mean a drop in salary. It has been brought to my attention that the original salon still hasnt changed their commision structure meaning that the staff over there are earning more money than the staff in the new salon even though we are doing the same job. Is this allowed? The companies trade under separate names which makes me inclined to think they may be able to get away with it.

flowery Sat 13-Dec-14 16:28:33

Equal pay claims are about women and men being paid differently, are the staff being paid more men?

If not, there's nothing unlawful about paying staff differently, as long as it's not for discriminatory reasons and you're getting the minimum wage.

When your pay was cut, did you agree to that?

er1507 Sat 13-Dec-14 17:14:23

Some of them are men. No we were just told that it was changing and that was that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now