Talk

Advanced search

Not strictly employment - boring question about finding statistics

(9 Posts)
nachohousekeeper Wed 26-Nov-14 19:33:09

I am preparing a business case for an interview next week. I really want the job.

It is health related and I need some statistics about the demographics of the area. I have found some but could do with some specifics.

I need to know about people over the age of 65 and how many of them live independently, in assisted living and rest/nursing homes.

I know it's all a bit vague and I don't really want to say which area but if anyone has any ideas, much appreciated.

SmileAndNod Wed 26-Nov-14 19:35:30

Statistics.gov.UK ? Depends how far down you need the data?

LordEmsworth Wed 26-Nov-14 19:36:04

Have you looked at the Office of National Statistics?

sniffle12 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:18:29

Neighbourhood Statistics is useful smile

Blankiefan Wed 26-Nov-14 20:20:28

Could you try the local council cross referenced with population figs?

Or - you could just make some assumptions. It might depend on the job, it I'd have thought that your methodology and process of tackling the business case and potentially your presentation would be more important than the specific numbers / outcome. You could reference the assumption in your appendix?

nachohousekeeper Wed 26-Nov-14 21:12:52

Thanks so much for all the suggestions.

Blankie, I can blag a little bit but they have specifically asked for some statistical information.

Blankiefan Thu 27-Nov-14 06:46:03

You might find some good sources in this article m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30209059

footyfan Thu 27-Nov-14 06:55:06

A lot of councils have a statistics / research department. You could give them a call, they'll probably be able to give you what you're after.

bookishandblondish Fri 28-Nov-14 10:16:42

Google name of council and JSNA - it will have a section with adult social care stats in it.

If you want to show a bit more than dry stats, then the Audit Commission VFM profiles give a bit of benchmarking info profiles.audit-commission.gov.uk/_layouts/acwebparts/NativeViewer.aspx?Report=/Profiles/VFM_Standard&EntityGroupID=189&SelectedCategoryID=7433&TopLevelCategoryID=7422&DescriptorID=42160&EntityID=15469&GroupID=172

And then HSIC have some useful stuff www.hscic.gov.uk/

By the way, this is my area so feel free to ask for more info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now