Talk

Advanced search

Child birth

(4 Posts)
Shasha123 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:28:26

I am 4-5 weeks pregnant and if everything goes (I previously had miscarriage when I was 5-6 weeks pregnant) well I am going to have a baby in around 9th July 2015. However, after hearing from lots of people and going through this article www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23435439 which says -"children born in June, July and August are statistically likely to perform less well than their older classmates". Should I be worried about my baby? I am thinking each human being are unique and also staying positive but somehow can't stop worrying about my future baby. Any advice please?

Ellypoo Wed 26-Nov-14 23:45:16

You should probably repost in parenting, pregnancy or chat.
Oh and it's rubbish btw - any difference due to birthday in early years education is generally irrelevant by the latter years of primary education (unless there are any underlying developmental or disability issues).
Good luck with your pg.

MrsJuice Thu 27-Nov-14 00:10:46

Absolute bollocks.
DD1 is a late August birthday. She's now 12, and positively flying educationally.
The age gap becomes irrelevant by about 7. Honestly!

holeinmyheart Thu 27-Nov-14 10:35:15

Rubbish, got a few DCs doctors etc all born in June and July. Stop worrying, easy to say I know but they say being anxious affects the unborn baby so get to a ' Mindfulness' class as soon as possible.
Worrying about how they are going to turn out at this stage I think is out of proportion and you are over anxious.
Hope everything turns out well xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now