Talk

Advanced search

Any police officers out there I'm worried

(8 Posts)
PC1985 Sun 16-Nov-14 20:47:44

I've just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I'm still on probation with the metropolitan police and I'm worried that when they find out I'll lose my job. Are there any police officers out there that can offer advice, I'm so scared I love my job and I don't want to lose it.

SassySugarCane Sun 16-Nov-14 20:50:08

You can't lose your job because of becoming pregnant, that would be discrimination. Just tell them, so they can make sure you stay safe on the job x

Thurlow Sun 16-Nov-14 20:54:39

That would be discrimination. However yes, you do need to tell them quite soon, especially if you are on response, because it's a physical job and you need to stay safe. DP is always talking about how his borough bend over backwards for pregnant officers and returning mums because they really don't want to get into an trouble. I think from what he says that you will be put on a desk job or something like that during your pregnancy.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Sun 16-Nov-14 20:56:52

My dil is in a different force and was treated extremely well during pregnancy.

EskiDecaff Sun 16-Nov-14 21:00:56

Please say that's not your shoulder numbershock

But yes you'll be fine!

LIG1979 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:32:11

You'll be fine. One of my dh's cohort fell pregnant on probation and just went to light duties. you will not be allow out of the office though!

Nicknacky Wed 19-Nov-14 22:10:07

You really won't lose your job, I joined with a girl who was pregnant before she even left then training college. It was fine.

It's such a big organisation that they suck it up.

Congratulations!!

Nicknacky Wed 19-Nov-14 22:12:19

Oh just to add, I've told my work early both times for the simple fact of keeping myself safe. I was given protected duties (eventually, second time) both times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now