Talk

Advanced search

applied for a job which is not my career progression - move sideways... feel a bit bad

(3 Posts)
startnow Wed 12-Nov-14 18:56:01

feel bed in my ambition - but need a fresh start/environment to build up energy for the next post. or part of me thinking why not to be patient and wait for a better post and decline an offer that I have now?

Unexpected Wed 12-Nov-14 20:27:40

I don't really understand your post. If you can get a better job simply by waiting it out in your current position (as you seem to suggest), why take a new position which is a move sideways? How will that help - apart from helping you to "build up energy"? What is it that you need from this move sideways which will specifically help with a promotion?

EBearhug Wed 12-Nov-14 21:46:41

Plenty of people where I work have taken sideways moves to gain other experience or try something new. Not that many have taken a traditional career path that goes step by step up a single ladder. And it's not like you're committing yourself forever - this is merely the next step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now