Talk

Advanced search

what to do

(5 Posts)
wishiwasacollie Mon 10-Nov-14 07:55:55

I have been seconded into a different department for 6 months. Its my core skill but different area of expertise. There is no training and just been told to use my best judgement. I am really stressing out as am covering part time what was a full time role plus. I am shaking each morning and going hot and cold. Keep thinking about mistakes in each bit of work which may be imaginary but not sleeping or eating. Told my bosses i am struggling but they say just follow your instincts and they want me to stay on. I am worrying about the quality so much. That is why i originally moved out of my core area. Oh is being v supportive and says just think like a man and shrug off mistakes if any as no one dies and everyone makes them. Any advice how to cope?

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Nov-14 08:02:06

have you spoken to your line manager? I would be very uncomfortable in this situation. I'd email and follow up face to face, then you have a written record of your concerns.

wishiwasacollie Mon 10-Nov-14 08:05:27

I have. I have retained my line manager and she says the amount of work is my departments problem. Not mine. She tells me not to work on days off and keep badgering them for support. I just cant stop worrying though. I have emailed my immediate boss and he just says ask for opinions but they are all really really busy and am just being left to make judgements v quickly. Feel like a fish out of water

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Nov-14 08:10:34

HR?

wishiwasacollie Mon 10-Nov-14 11:51:39

Not yet at hr point. Just cant cope withit. Others just seem to be able to give it a good go and say so what. I worry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now