Talk

Advanced search

Do diplomas etc expire

(7 Posts)
Zazzabeans Wed 05-Nov-14 10:09:22

To cut a long story short, in 2001 when i was 16,I qualified as a nursery nurse back then it was known as an NNEB diploma, I couldnt get a nursery nurse job back then and just worked with the elderly for a short time before becoming a mother in 2002.
I started my current job in may2906 as a support worker for adults with learning disabilities and have completed my nvq 2&3 in health and social care.
My career is going no where and I'm even looking at cleaning jobs for the nhs as it is better paid than my current role.
Is it too late for me to do anything else?
I'm so angry with myself and feel like I have literally wasted my life sad

LIZS Wed 05-Nov-14 10:14:05

No they won't expire . The L3 is equivalent to A level so you could either rely on those directly or perhaps do an Access course if you want to retrain. What area would you like to work in ?

Zazzabeans Wed 05-Nov-14 10:29:28

I should also mention that I had to undertake maths and English as part of my nvq3 which I heard were above Gcse level?.
Not sure of the truth in this though.

I would love to work with kids now my youngest is 6, I just worry that it's too late.
I have never heard of an access course, will look into it smile

LIZS Wed 05-Nov-14 10:39:40

I'm pretty sure NNEB is equivalent to L3 NVQ Childcare ie CACHE diploma. although you maybe asked to add some units re. NC to update it or work with older chidlren. If so should be possible to work in a nursery, playgroup or infant school.

grocklebox Wed 05-Nov-14 10:43:53

they don't expire, but what does happen is that the requirements for jobs change and an old diploma might not be relevant or appropriate for a position that it might have suitable for in the past.
Contact the relevant accreditation body and ask them what you need now to be appropriately qualified.

Zazzabeans Wed 05-Nov-14 14:30:38

Who could I get further info from on this ?

LIZS Wed 05-Nov-14 14:42:21

The awarding body should be named on the NNEB certificate or try OFQUAL to see how they correspond it to current qualifications.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now