Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Big 4 /City/Magic circle mat leave entitlements

(8 Posts)
pollingfold Wed 23-Aug-06 12:50:14

Am trying to compare the "big private employers" mat leave entitlements- all those desparately trying to be in the top 10 employers lists etc in the Sunday Times. Trying to take something back to my boss to say look - there are other firms out there who just do it better!

So far have for enhanced pay (looking at first 6 months only)
PwC: 8wks 100%, 18wks SMP, but free childcare voucher totalling 20% of salary for 12 months on return
D: 6wks@ 100%, 20wks@ 33%, plus 6wks full pay on return
EY: 6wks 90%, 15wks 50%
KPMG: 18wks 100%, 8wks SMP

I am aware that
Unilever do :100% for a year if you return for a year.

Anywhere else offer such good packages?

TheBlonde Wed 23-Aug-06 13:08:25

I know they're not as big an employer but I left PA Consulting last year.

At the time they did
6 weeks 100%, 20 weeks SMP
Then if you return 25% extra salary for 12 mths

clerkKent Thu 24-Aug-06 13:30:15

Deutsche Bank does 18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks SMP. Holiday accrues during OML but not AML, and you get pay in lieu of unused holiday.

But the best thing is a 'bonus baby' - Higher Rate SMP is based on 9/10 of weekly earnings of previous 2 pay periods. If your annual bonus (say 20% of annual salary) is paid in this period, then your weekly earnings are enhanced e.g. £20,000 salary £4,000 bonus, weekly earnings could come out as over £900.

clairemow Thu 24-Aug-06 13:41:49

I work for a law firm in the City - enhanced mat pay if you've worked there over 2 years is 8 weeks 100%, 10 weeks 50% then SMP for 8 weeks. you can choose whether to have unused holiday at the start of mat leave or take unused holiday as a cash payment at the start. Return to work bonus after 6 months back of 2 weeks' salary.

I think some other firms do 100% for 6 months or a year, but then it seems to be v. difficult not to go back full time... as some make you pay some back...

ritherdon Fri 16-Oct-09 16:53:35

check out roll on friday - has info on law firms mat packages.

RibenaBerry Fri 16-Oct-09 16:57:10

Don't feel I can really say what my firm does in case it's unusual and I out myself! However, I do know that many law firms have a two year service requirement before enhanced pay. I don't know of any that do anything like 100% for six months. Most seem to be a sliding scale (i.e. 100% for a bit, then down to somewhere between 50 and 75% for the rest of the six months).

cleanandclothed Fri 16-Oct-09 17:03:25

From my friends - UBS does 6 months full pay
Freshfields - 3 months full pay then 6 months half pay. I am envy.

BlingLoving Fri 16-Oct-09 17:05:33

The bonus baby is a misnomer though - your bonus at the end of that year will be correspondingly lower. On plus side, sure you get the pay up front.

I thought most of the banks were finding ways to stop the bonus baby thing - paying SMP based on "reference pay" which does not include bonus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now