Talk

Advanced search

References-What can they check?

(7 Posts)
mrscumberbatch Mon 31-Mar-14 18:27:06

Specifically, can they ask what salary I was on previously?

Poshsausage Mon 31-Mar-14 19:14:25

Hi wonder if I could ask for some advice please

A senior member if staff left my place of worn recently very suddenly but with his own good reasons . Before leaving he told me the owners are trying to get rid of me on grounds of non performance .
I am contracted to 20 hours over four days per week but due to a heavy work load I stay half an hour every day . There is so much to do and it is very busy . It was always supposed to be a full time position but the owners are very money orientated and have a terrible staff turnover . Hence my even heavier work load when they all leave and more recruited

I am half way through my pregnancy they are aware . I've had a week off sick due to having one twin terminated due to chromosomal and heart problems but I was a reliable and cheerful employee throughout I believe

I've not been disciplined over anything to do with any performance at all

They are now making indirect threats about how the new manager will deal with everything ie will probably sack me

I've asked them to address my hours on number pus occasions but am ignored . I've offered to do more hours and be flexible . Again ignored feel being set up to fail .

Not sure what to do . Not sure if they want to get rid of me before on date maternity leave . Or if they just want to bully me ?

:-(

Poshsausage Mon 31-Mar-14 19:25:43

Sorry mistake not used to this site and hard to navigate in my phone !

HermioneWeasley Mon 31-Mar-14 20:08:58

Mrs C- they can ask whatever they want but most employers will only confirm dates and (sometimes) reasons for leaving.

If it is your current employer they will know your salary from your P45.

What's your concern?

MostWicked Mon 31-Mar-14 21:30:56

If it is your current employer they will know your salary from your P45

They will know how much you have earned in that tax year, which may or may not be your salary. You might have taken some unpaid leave.

mrscumberbatch Tue 01-Apr-14 13:21:27

Hahaha I have been offered a new role but I may have told a white lie on what my previous salary was...

If I lose my P45 and do an R85 would this make any difference?

TheGirlFromIpanema Tue 01-Apr-14 13:22:48

Its a new tax year this week so yes I'd lose my P45 wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now