Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Professional indemnity insurance!!

(7 Posts)
yummumto3girls Sun 30-Mar-14 20:58:58

Hi, I have just got a short term contract acting as an Hr Consultant on a self employed basis, not sure where this will lead! I need to sort out some insurance ASAP. Can any of you freelancers out there advise me (Flowery!?) what level of cover do you have and any good/bad providers??

flowery Sun 30-Mar-14 21:43:24

I use Towergate, get a discount through the CIPD, never had any problems and it's reasonably priced. I'd have to dig out the paperwork to see what level of cover it is, not sure.

yummumto3girls Sun 30-Mar-14 21:54:34

Thanks Flowery. So do you organise through CIPD or direct with Towergate? If you know amount insured that would be great. Thanks so much!

yummumto3girls Sun 30-Mar-14 22:16:35

Just found a link on the CIPD website to their current recommended provider. Just need to decide on level of cover.

Luvvies Sun 30-Mar-14 23:14:24

Hi yum. I also use Towergate, also in HR field. But mine is with discount from BPS rather than CIPD.
I've got £1m cover and last policy cost about £85. I do a lot of public sector work, and much is through larger consultancies. This is deemed to be enough.

flowery Mon 31-Mar-14 09:35:17

Mine's £1m of cover also.

yummumto3girls Mon 31-Mar-14 14:23:03

Thanks Flowery and Luvvies, that's really helpful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: