Talk

Advanced search

Am I automatically entitled to KIT day?

(3 Posts)
Littlepicklehead Tue 25-Mar-14 11:19:16

I'm on Mat leave, due to return next month.

I've been asked to come in later this week to discuss a restructure.

I'm obviously a little nervous about this, and loathe to rock the boat, but wondered if this would automatically count as a KIT day and if I should be paid? I'm having to pay for childcare to attend the meeting.

My employers are not clued up about the mat leave situation to say the least (no HR department) and unless I mention it I doubt they will even realise there is such a thing as KIT days

flowery Tue 25-Mar-14 12:07:36

You are not automatically entitled to use KIT days, but neither are you obliged to attend work during your maternity leave.

I can't imagine there is any intention that you would be out of pocket. I would suggest giving your manager a ring and saying that you are happy to attend, but can he/she confirm that you will be paid as normal for the time you spend attending the meeting. Say that you understand it is possible to work and be paid for up to 10 days during your maternity leave without it affecting your SMP as he/she may not be aware.

Littlepicklehead Tue 25-Mar-14 13:45:11

Thanks flowery, I'll mention it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now