Talk

Advanced search

Contribution based jsa

(6 Posts)
Zoe64 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:35:31

Hi, please can anyone advise me if I will be entitled to contribution based JSA. My DH is full time employed, and we have 2 children under 13. I want to find work for school hours. I have seen online that lone parents are allowed to put this restriction on their jobseeker claim to only work part-time. My question is, I am not a lone parent, but my dh works full time, so am I eligible in the same way?
Very grateful for any advice.

titchy Thu 20-Mar-14 21:40:20

Contribution based JSA is if you've worked for two years and paid NI contributions, so no you're not eligible - why do you think you might be?

Afaik you can legitimately look for PT work if you have dependants though.

Zoe64 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:42:31

Thanks Titchy. Sorry I forgot to say that I have just been made redundant so have been working long enough. I just don't know if I am allowed to ask for part time only.
Thank you

meditrina Thu 20-Mar-14 21:44:30

Yes, you should be able to if it was your immediately preceding work pattern. You will be expected to consider a wider range after the first 13 weeks.

titchy Thu 20-Mar-14 22:04:47

Ah! Good luck job hunting!

starfishmummy Thu 20-Mar-14 22:30:41

Another factor to consider is what redundancy payments you have got such as payments in lieu of notice and holiday pay. But put in a claim anyway and let them work it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now