Talk

Advanced search

Legal action to take

(6 Posts)
10152530 Thu 20-Mar-14 07:12:53

Hi there
What would you do if one of your employees stormed at you for no reason and called you "bitch"
The advice I got so far was to suspend her on full pay and investigate...
The only person who witnessed the incident was another employee who happened to be her boyfriend who confirmed what happened on the same day but when asked for a statement 2 days later he refused saying he downstairs want any conflict between him, the company & the girlfriend.
What to dohmm

Lonecatwithkitten Thu 20-Mar-14 07:37:29

Personally I would have a meeting with her to find out what had lead to the out burst. I would then talk about how we could avoid escalation to such an about burst. I would finally remind her that I expect all staff to treat each other with respect and not use derogatory language. That on this occasion there would be no further process, if however, it happened again the disciplinary process would be used.
I am assuming that at this point this is a first offence.

10152530 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:26:18

The employee in question had previous issues with disrespecting her employer & the manager.
She was warned verbally & in writing.
She most times says that she didn't mean to act or react in the way she did but cannot control her bad temper... She also creates conflict between other members of staff (gossip, lies, make up stories...)

titchy Thu 20-Mar-14 09:38:20

If she's had previous written warnings I'd do a final written warning which would stay on her record for a year and any more 'transgressions' she'd be dismissed. Keep HR on board, make sure there is nothing she actually needs support for (MH issues, issues at home, anything else which might impact on her ability to do her job in a reasonable manner etc).

Technical Thu 20-Mar-14 09:40:40

Who has given the advice you've had so far? Take proper advice and follow it. If she is prone to regular outbursts like this it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of her, provided you follow proper procedure.

FWIW, I think it's a bit dismissive to say it was for no reason. It might not have been for a good reason but it's unlikely to have been for no reason at all, so perhaps you need to get to the bottom of her dissatisfaction?

10152530 Thu 20-Mar-14 17:14:52

Thank you for your contributions x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now