Talk

Advanced search

Part time salary pro-rata

(3 Posts)
positively9something Tue 18-Mar-14 19:19:07

Hi

I am currently in a part time position, I have posted about this before, I am currently being paid for hours worked �10 per hour and no holiday pay. I have raised this issue with my boss, I told him I need a yearly salary worked out pro-rata with holiday pay. He has not agreed yet, but he has said he doesnt want me to leave and will sort something out.

I informed him I have been offered a job for �28,000 pro-rata for the same hours I work now, so it works out to be: �16,800 per year after tax that will be �1,198 per month.

He previously offered me a full time position for �25,000 per year. When I spoke to him I suggested �25,000 per year pro rata. That works out to be: �15,000 per year after tax that will be: �1096 per month.

I am wondering if I should try to ask my boss to meet me half way at �26,500.00 per year pro-rata?

The thing is taking home �1096 per month isnt going to get me very far but I dont feel like I can ask for too much really.

Any thoughts?

flowery Tue 18-Mar-14 19:25:04

Bearing in mind your employers track record about treating you fairly and according to the law, why don't you just take the higher paying job?

positively9something Tue 18-Mar-14 19:35:29

My current job is very local and I enjoy it there. I know so far I havnt been well paid and havnt had holiday pay but apart from that my boss is always flexable and I know he does appreciate my hard work. Now that I have raised the issue he is willing to discuss it and make changes to ensure I will stay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now