Talk

Advanced search

Raised a grievance at work against my boss....worried!

(6 Posts)
Jocjomum74 Mon 03-Mar-14 10:01:07

Last week a colleague was rude and aggressive towards me which my boss heard but did nothing about. Hr saw me really upset and had a word with said colleague who denied it. My boss didn't address this at all or see if I was ok or ask me what had happened. I feel so upset and let down by my boss as this isn't the first time with this person but it gets ignored. My partner saw how upset I was and phoned my boss at work asking what action would be taken but in a proffessional manner which my boss couldn't answer so I've raised a grievance against both of them. I know they will lie tigether to get out of it and single me out. My boss said he felt threatened by my partner but I listed to the call and he wasn't threaterning. I'm so worried its all I can think about. Any advice / tips?

Jocjomum74 Mon 03-Mar-14 10:06:04

I forgot to add this has caused me so much stress my doc has signed me off which hr are aware of and it has been caused by my work

flowery Mon 03-Mar-14 10:27:56

Did you meet with your boss, say you were feeling let down and ask him to deal with it? What did he say?

Top tip is don't let your partner ring your boss, that's a really bad idea.

In terms of practicalities, you should be invited to a hearing to discuss your grievance, and given the opportunity to bring a colleague with you, or a union rep if you have one. You may well be asked how you would like the grievance to be resolved, so you should give some thought to that if you haven't already.

Guitargirl Mon 03-Mar-14 10:31:38

Hopefully more people with HR experience will be along to help.

But your partner ringing your boss was very inappropriate.

Jocjomum74 Mon 03-Mar-14 10:56:32

I thought that might be the case about my partner. ....will this affect my case do you think?

My boss was aware how unhappy I was that this wasn't being dealt with by him he just kept saying hr is dealing with it!

flowery Mon 03-Mar-14 11:30:48

Your boss abdicating responsibility to HR isn't acceptable. HR should be advising him how to deal with it if he needs advice, and helping in terms of advising on/administering any formal process.

So you have definite grounds for complaint about the inaction of your boss. But your partner ringing may undermine your case a bit as it gives your boss something to complain about and focus on rather than just explaining his own actions.

It's important that your actions look 100% reasonable through the whole thing, as this makes unreasonable action/inaction by your boss seem even worse and much harder to excuse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now