Talk

Advanced search

Going for job where vile ex works - madness?

(7 Posts)
Kernowgal Tue 25-Feb-14 19:05:01

A job has come up in a fantastic place and I would really like to apply for it. Unfortunately my abusive bastard of an ex works there and the nature of the organisation means our paths would cross fairly frequently, although there would be no need for sustained contact.

It's only a year's contract although there might be the potential to extend, and it is a great opportunity. He is not well liked by his colleagues but I would not want them to feel awkward. He would probably also do his level best to make life unpleasant in any interactions we might have, although he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Is it madness to even think of applying??

Hassled Tue 25-Feb-14 19:06:14

Yeah - sorry, but I think it probably is. You spend such a high proportion of your life in work - you need to be happy there, or at least not permanently on edge. I think it would be stressful and exhausting.

peggyblackett Tue 25-Feb-14 19:06:46

Yes

Helpyourself Tue 25-Feb-14 19:07:26

Bad idea. Is it a large organisation? The only one in the area?

littleredsquirrel Tue 25-Feb-14 19:08:08

VERY bad idea

KatieScarlett2833 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:09:02

Not enough money in the world OP.

Kernowgal Tue 25-Feb-14 19:20:00

Ha ha, unanimous! It is a large organisation, though sadly not large enough in this case.

Point most definitely taken. Thank you all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now